Schedule of events for the Railpath Run
Please Note: Due to construction on the Railpath at Wallace Ave, the race start will be on the south end of the Railpath.
8:00AM – Registration, kit pick-up, and bag check opens in the parking lot at Henderson Brewery (128A Sterling Road).
WAVE 1: RUN
8:50AM – Runners warm up on the south end of the Railpath.
9:15AM – All runners are asked to be in their corrals.
9:30AM – RUN STARTS
10:15AM – RUN ENDS
10:35AM – Run awards and prizing draw at Henderson Brewery
11:00 AM – Sterling Rd Block Party Begins. Runners and spectators are free to enjoy the post-run fun being put on by Henderson Brewery. Fun for the whole family!
WAVE 2: WALK
10:45AM – All Walk participants are asked to be in their corrals.
10:55AM – Walk warm up at the race corrals.
11:00AM – WALK BEGINS
11:45PM – WALK ENDS
12:00PM – Walk awards and prizing draw take place at Henderson Brewery.
12:15 PM – Join the Sterling Rd Block Party. Walkers and spectators are free to enjoy the post-walk fun being put on By Henderson Brewery. Bouncy castles, face painting, children’s authors, and more!
- On the day of the event volunteers can be identified by their white Railpath Run t-shirts
- If you are using headphones, please ensure the volume is low enough to hear marshall instructions and other participants
- We cannot accommodate bikes, strollers or pets on the narrow Railpath during the Run. Strollers are permitted for the Walk portion of our event to accommodate families.
Facilities & Refreshments
- Port-o-let facilities will be available at the staging area for participants
- The event will take place rain or shine, so please come prepared with the appropriate clothing – this is an outdoor venue!
- Water will be available for spectators and participants – consider bringing a refillable bottle (cups will also be available for participants during the race)
- Post-race, nutrition will be available for participants
The Course / Timing
- The Railpath is 2.1km in length from Cariboo Av (North) to Dundas St W (South) – For the purpose of the event the course will be a total length of 2km
- During the waves of running/walking, marshalls will monitor access points to the Railpath for everyone’s safety; spectators are expected to obey marshall’s instructions for the safety of all participating
- There will be official chip timing mats at each one kilometre interval on the course
- At the end of the wave, participants results will be posted after the end of each wave and be available online at http://www.chiptimeresults.com
- Participants must wear their race bib (with embedded chip on the back) and not tamper with chip in order to have accurate results
- A signed waiver form must be completed by each person in order to participate (either via online registration or a paper form)
- All registered participants will be eligible for a variety of draw prizes – bib numbers will be called and the participant must be present to claim the prize
- For Wave 1 (Run) prizes will also be awarded to the Top 3 Male and Female finishers based on most full kilometers completed
Transportation & Parking
- TTC stations at Dundas West or Lansdowne (with subway, bus and streetcar access)
- The 505 Dundas Streetcar fromDundas West station has a stop at the Entrance to the Railpath at Sterling.
- Bicycle parking is available in areas around the Railpath and there is a large fence for locking bikes at the staging area
- Parking is available on neighbourhood streets – please obey all posted signs